Following a series of escalating verbal conflicts between Schevakia and Vostok, it became clear that some type of mediation was needed between the two countries to mend relations. Montrose offered to host a summit where the two countries discussed their grievances with one another and worked through them. The summit was a success, and both countries agreed to change their actions to accommodate the boundaries of the other. Below are listed what both sides have agreed to.
- A toning-down of remarks made about Vostok’s land usage and building construction methods, perceived as hostile by Vostok.
- A cessation of the construction of the planned wall on their border with Vostok.
- A revocation of the travel ban placed on citizens of Vostok entering Schevakia.
- An assumption of goodwill in Vostok’s future actions.
- A revocation of BirchwoodMC’s blocking of Thepolg, which caused the planning of Schevakia’s border wall and travel ban on Vostok.
- An assumption of goodwill in Schevakia’s future actions.
Delegations from each country have met at Montrose’s brewery on 2/8/2021 to ratify this accord, hoping for more amicable relations moving forward.